Thursday 8 April 2010

The T.A.K.S. Test

O.K. I did not want to take the “Big Ugly”. I mean it is just a review except bigger. I mean all they did was give people the willies of the T.A.K.S. test. Why do they even call it a test? The stories that were in the reading were kind of cool. I have to say it was boring. After the math all got to do was read but after the reading we got to sleep ☺. I am telling you I had “bead head”. My teacher said that those two days were about being comfortable and not to worry about the test. There was a story about a trumpet player, a dog, food stylist, a king, and a computer geek. It was like I was in prison. Just dress me up in all orange. It is over and I am happy. I mean the only benefit to me was making me bored. There was one question that tripped me up on math. It was about adding time. I did the time but then there was time in decimals it totally tripped me up. So I used some common sense. Then on reading there was a compare and contrast question that was confusing. My favorite story was the food stylist one. I never knew that some people just have some dirty tricks up their sleeve but I thought it was kind of cool. How they made the food look so good. There was also a story about a famous trumpet player meeting a boy who was so passionate about jazz. There were a few more stories but here is a good one. These two girls found a stray dog in the park. When they went to their injured dad asked him if they could keep it. He said he didn’t need a dog to trip over. Then their grandma made a deal with their dad that the dog would leave with grandma when she left. Then one night there was a fire and the dog saved them. Then the dad let them keep the dog. There was a story about a king who asked is three daughters how much they loved him they told him but the king did not like the last daughter’s response. It was, “I love you as much as people love salt.” Then one day she meets a prince and the prince helps her show the king how foolish he was. There was one where a teacher couldn’t get a computer to print something out so this new kid who didn’t have friends came up to her and fixed it for her. Then this girl whispers excitedly, “You’re a geek!” He did not like what she had called him. So he ignored her. Then there was this flyer on his desk and then he knew he was foolish too. Back to math. I am pretty sure I got a perfect paper because those were easy! It is easy if keep a cool head and relax. I guess I am happy that math and reading are over with so now bring on the science.

No comments:

Post a Comment